first logo

Thursday 3 December 2015

3rd day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015



Hello everyone, here is the third day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015.Now as I said as yesterday’s hint that the manga is really realistic to my situation and life and I’m sure you can all agree. Today’s selection for the manga advent calendar is Watamote or as the manga title puts it“No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!”


 I bought this manga on a day which it was pouring with rain outside and I was stranded a bookshop called Waterstones. I was forced in the bookshop for approximately 40 minutes until it had stopped raining, whilst it was raining I investigated the manga section and found they had Watamote volume 1 in stock and I decided to buy it to pass the time whilst I waited for the rain to stop. I was so preoccupied by reading this manga that I was informed by the stored assistant that the shop was about to close and that I should leave. There have been many occasions where I’ve kept this in my bag as it is a good way to pass the time and think positively.
 The story of Watamote is pretty easy to follow, the protagonist called Tomoko Kuroki is an aspiring middle school student who is about to move to high school and in the hopes that she will become super popular, that does not happen and the story is all of her misadventures in trying to become popular and interact with people. Along the way we have many comedic situations which I as a person can relate to such as being awkwardly shy around strangers, being forced to work in a group with a stranger, trying to adopt a different persona and a bunch of other stuff to try and get people to like them.
 The manga is really good and the anime is really true to the manga so that’s a plus, I currently have three volumes of the Watamote manga had I hope I will receive more soon. The reason why chose this to be in my manga advent calendar is this year has had me interact with a lot of new people as I’ve started a new chapter in my life. I’ve started university (or college depending on where you’re from) and this has resulted in me interacting with all new people and having to make positive impressions, I used to have a really bad reputation when I was younger because they always saw me as being “strange” for liking stuff that nobody else likes for example anime and a love of Japanese culture. No with me being in University people seem to accept that I have my own likes and dislikes, my university even has an anime society in which we all have our own opinions and discuss anime and watch it together as a group. To be honest with you I’m really happy especially for having the blog because even then I’m still able to talk to somebody who is reading my material, and I thank you for reading my material even if you have only read one of my articles or if you have clicked this link by chance, I thank you.

I shall see you guys tomorrow for the 4th day of the Manga Advent Calendar, here is this hint for today. The manga I will be looking into tomorrow as a horror manga that deals a lot with blood but has a deeper plot than anybody thinks.

Bye for now
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment