first logo

Wednesday 16 December 2015

16th day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015



16th day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015
Hello everyone, here is the sixteenth day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015.Now as I said as yesterday’s hint that today’s manga is a tale of gods and demons which is now in its second season of its anime. Today selection is Noragami. 

Noragami was a favourite anime of mine but after the first season finished I was looking into when the second season would happen. I love the characters in this series but also I really love the whole concept of lesser gods that are within the international religious spectrum. I love the comedy within the story line but also the characters are really likeable. Most main characters’ backstories are explained and most of them are tragic (in particular Kazuma and Bishamonten arc).
The Noragami is about a god called Yato and how he is raising money to build a shrine and become the best god ever. He then runs into Hiyori Iki who has a problem where her soul can be separated from her body and she makes a promise with Yato to return her to normal. We are then introduced to Yukine who is a regalia of Yato (regalia - a person who can turn into a weapon of a god) and then we see all of the fights with demons and gods who have it out for Yato. We are then introduced to other elements such as Nora’s and masked ones. The expanding universe within the world is amazing.
I one of the main things I love about this story is the blend of serious and comedic moments. Some of the themes that are within the manga deal with a lot with death and murder etc. We also see character development from most characters (case point Yukine) and we see more into how most of the god’s cope with being gods and how they can become unstable. I love this manga and that’s why I chose it but also i would recommend this as a good starter anime but also the manga as well.    
 I shall see you guys tomorrow for the 17th day of the Manga Advent Calendar, here is this hint for today. The manga I will be looking into tomorrow is a tale of a curse and how it kills off students in a class. 

Bye for now
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment