first logo

Saturday 19 December 2015

19th day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015



19th day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015
Hello everyone, here is the nineteenth day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015.Now as I said as in the previous article. The hint for today is that the manga I will be looking into will be another comedy manga that is set in a school and involves body switching comedy. The selection is Kokoro Connect

I was really into the whole body switching genre whilst I was watching anime and I also love slice of life with some elements that can spice up the mundane territory.  This is amazing not only does it have elements that spice up the story but it also has realistic situations that take place within the main casts lives. Some of the themes of this anime cause me to get to real to quick as it can relate quite heavy events that take place in people’s lives. There was an anime of this series but in never answer the questions that were left at the end but it the journey of watching this anime you come for not the ending and read the manga as it goes on and explains fully the true ending.

The story of Kokoro Connect is the tale of Taichi, Iori, Himeko, Yoshifumi and Yui as they are members of Student Cultural Research Club. They are then subjected to randomly switching bodies. These phenomena are controlled by the mysterious Heartseed. These events change the friendship dynamics within the group and puts their friendship to the test. Its worth a read because you can get in to the characters damaged pasts and help them overcome them in order to become a better person.

This manga is a special kind of manga, it has likable characters that develop over the course of the manga which makes you understand why they act the way they do, and personally I think it’s not praised enough.it deals with topical issues like rape, mental health and grieving a loved one. This reminded me of Charlotte and how that played with your heart strings in the same way (Charlotte is amazing you should all watch it as well) and it’s also a more realistic approach to how a highschool setting is done in the manga format. Some of the things that happen in the manga relate to me so that why I like it so much.     
I am glad that I’m caught up now, I shall see you guys tomorrow for the 20th day of the Manga Advent Calendar, here is this hint for today. The manga I will be looking into tomorrow is another similar to Sword Art Online but this time it focused on construction of a livable world rather than beating the game.

Bye for now
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment