first logo

Monday 14 December 2015

14th day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015



14th day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015
Hello everyone, here is the fourteenth day of Manga Advent Calendar 2015.Now as I said as yesterday’s hint that today’s manga is a retro manga that was the parent of the acclaimed Sword Art Online. Today’s selection is Dot Hack-Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet

The reason why I started reading the Dot Hack franchise was that I was looking for elements of story telling that I couldn’t find from Sword Art Online. The elements I was looking for an interesting plot that had twists and turns and also the removal the harem element. I thought that the concept of SAO was good but I was looking for a more developed version of this in the manga format.so then I found the Dot Hack franchise and fell head first into the lore and the characters. Out of all the incarnations of the Dot Hack Franchise the one I liked the best was Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet because it had interesting plot elements and the fact that the main cast are not two dimensional such as SAO’s main cast were, in my opinion.
Now the premise of Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet is set in “The World” massively multi-player online RPG similar to the settings that SAO takes place in. we follow Rena Kunisaki and Shugo Kunisaki who have various adventures within “The World” and discover various elements that occur within the Dot Hack lore. (I am not telling you a lot about the plot because it is massive spoilers for the Dot Hack lore and the anime and manga have different stories).
 
I would recommend this as a read because it has a very advanced story line that not everyone may be a fan of but just reading the Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet story line you can understand most of the goings on within the plot line without knowing all the lore but reading it after the rest of the lore some of the elements make much more sense. I think the reason why this series is still not within the spotlight is because the plot was complex and also there has not been a Dot Hack series in several years. It would be good if they made a new series but updated animation or reinvigorated the old storyline. I feel that this could be redone in a few years and relabelled as something else,but I like this more than SAO but I do like the music and the visuals for the anime. I like both of them for different reasons and read them at different times, SAO for light times and Dot Hack for thinking times.                   

I shall see you guys tomorrow for the 15th day of the Manga Advent Calendar, here is this hint for today. The manga I will be looking into tomorrow is a new manga for this season and this is my favourite new anime for this season.

Bye for now
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment