first logo

Wednesday 14 October 2015

SLA 2015-Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part III: Rebellion

Hello guys first,I should give you some details on what SLA is (SLA is short for Scotland Loves Anime).Its a festival that takes place in Scotland every year it is a massive show case for a lot of anime films that other wise would not be shown to a mass western audience. They have the show case in two of the major cities in Scotland Edinburgh and Glasgow(Edinburgh gets more showings overall)

I when to see Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part III: Rebellion, which is a continuation from the original anime and also the other two films which basically the same as the anime(even though there are characters in the first two films that are more fleshed out in the anime aka Mami).well as a fan of Madoka Magica I was confused about the need for a sequel, the story has a satisfactory conclusion in terms of the main story came to a end. There may have been a few ends that may have not been tied up but that was irrelevant to the main viewing experience. overall the anime was amazing ( I give it a 8.5 out of 10) so what more can come from the storyline that is tied up so nicely.


Well the story is told from Homura's  point of view (I will not explain who she is as that will spoil most of the plot for Madoka Magica so for the talking point of this insight she will be classified as SUPER IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT) after she finds out that things might not all be perfect within the ending that that me as well as the other fans of this series thought was a good ending. Lets just say the ending is not what a lot of fans were expecting (even though you can see why certain events took place)and also has no definitive ending.



Now one thing I have to talk about is the animation style, its a mix of 3D modern animation style but also has traditional 2D style. When blended together we see amazing backgrounds and action sequences.it is amazing to watch ( even though some times it can get really trippy)and the studio used every last drop of funding to make this amazing.


Now at the screening there were people who had never seen the series or the first two movies, I feel sorry for them because there was a lot of elements from the original plot, I imagine that this film was like a roller-coaster whilst high on injections that you get at the dentist.so the moral of the story is do some research before booking a film that are sequels or are linked with a set franchise.

Over all I think the film is good as a independent film, but as a sequel to the original plot line of  Puella Magi Madoka Magica I see this as being a altered ending to the story and as a fan of the original ending I don't like parts of the film but I like other parts like the ethics and moral messages in the plot line. Overall I give this film a 7.95 out of 10 (This is not my favourite anime movie by far but its up there)


I would love some ideas on what I should look at for anime films, if you have a suggestion please let me know in the comments below.

I will see you soon
Regards Fiona      

             


No comments:

Post a Comment